I feel like the guys in Step Brothers when they’re asking their parents for bunk beds to have extra space for more activities. I may only be one person but it feels like I’m actually a bunch of different people in one body that come out to do different things.
Here’s a rundown of what I’m currently doing personally and professionally:
- Quit smoking. Going on day 6 now, and so far so good. Now that I’ve told everyone that I’m quitting, it should be a lot easier to stay on track. Only thing I have to be careful about is when I’m driving and go to the gas station to get gas - that’s going to take super willpower this weekend when I’m in San Jose. Thankfully I have nicorette gum just in case I falter.
- Exercising again. Alrite, I’m slowly getting there. Came to terms with the fact that I suck at working out on my own and need a support system, which is why I’m joining the gym in Los Banos. Crossfit classes are sadly full at the moment but as soon as they’re available I’m jumping on that train. Actually getting out of the house and doing something in Los Banos might even help me meet people in this small town. Let’s see.
- Pinfluence is absolutely rocking it! We’re getting clients contacting us left and right about our services and signing up. Dreamforce must have helped. Even my own friends and relatives tell me they keep hearing about Pinfluence, so that’s very encouraging! Just to get our new tools out of the gate and tested so that we can switch to hardcore sales mode.
- ConstellationCK work is finally picking up, and I feel a lot more confident than I was last month. It’s awesome having such fun people to work with in Scott and Taylor. Have to figure out a way to meet up with Carlos and get to know him better. That time will come. For now, CCK is providing me with the financial blanket I need to make my other projects succeed!
- Denacom Collaboration is still being setup, but should be up and running this week or next. Just have to register it as an LLC and set up the website!
- AJURIS is doing AMAZING! Only been running a month and we’ve generated a ton of dough! It’s awesome being a partner with such amazing people who compliment your own talent. Just need to setup the logistics a little more so the entire business structure is a little more fluid, but we’ll get there.
- Secret project is a go. Another partnership that, if executed properly, could turn us into a global force within 5 years that’s fully automated and self-sustaining. That’s the end goal - to be able to make money while I sleep so that I can work on other projects that I’m passionate about. Can’t talk too much about it right now but we should be up and running within a few months!
- Spartups is doing a lot better than I had anticipated. We have about 200 great members right now and are gaining traction in various Bay Area entrepreneurship groups. I was invited to do a 30-min presentation at a startup conference in Berkeley at the end of the month, so that’s exciting! I’m damn nervous in front of big crowds but this gives me a chance to work on that fear. Our first meeting is this Saturday so excited to see how it goes. It’s an amazing learning experience trying to coordinate all these things by yourself. Hopefully if we get the website fully operational this weekend I can start creating partnerships with other incubators, accelerators and startup groups to collaborate with. Would be a whole lot easier if I was in the Bay Area but I’ll have to make do with what I can for now. Soon!
I keep dreaming about how my life might look like in 5 or 10 years. Will all these projects pan out? Will I get to live the life I’ve always wanted, doing what I want and continuing to be a leader in my community? Will I prove people wrong for telling me I’m chasing a bad dream and am not doing anything with my life? Or will I just crash and burn at 27, broke and unemployed with no sense of worth?
We’ll find out soon enough. That’s the constant struggle with being an entrepreneur - the ups and downs; the voices in your head telling you you’re not doing anything; that what you call “work” is really just you screwing off. Every week starts off differently, and every week presents it’s own new sets of challenges. The finish line is there but who knows, it could just be a mirage teasing us dreamers to keep chasing it, moving us further away from what we really should be doing.
Time will tell.